We listen & answer!
On this page we’ve listed some of the most frequently asked questions about our CD and DVD products and services.Use the links at the top of this page to go directly to the answer further down the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What information do I need to give to MJK Disc productions so that you can properly quote on a project for me and so that I don’t have to go back and forth asking my customer questions?
- What if I have more questions than are answered in this FAQ?
- I don’t understand some of the vocabulary used on the website.
Graphics and print
- Should I do my own graphics design?
- Do you have any design templates for the CD ‘s and DVD ‘s booklet label and bottomcard?
- Can you silkscreen or offset CD’s and DVD ‘s in either 4 colour process and PMS colours?
- When do you need a white flood coat on a CD and DVD prior to silk screening 4 colour or offset and is this a 5th color?
- Is the printed material really state-of-the-art quality?
- What type of paper do you use for the booklet and bottomcard?
CD-ROM and CD reproduction
Answers to frequently asked questions about CD-ROM reproduction and CD reproduction are available here!
DVD-Rom and DVD reproduction
Answers to frequently asked questions about DVD-ROM reproduction and DVD reproduction are available here!
- Please click the links below to request a price quotation for your CD or DVD project.
You will be guided through all the information we need for being able to give you a quote (by return mail)
- CD duplication/ CD-ROM duplication (if you need less than 300 CD’s)
- CD duplication / CD-ROM replication (if you need more than 300 CD’s)
- DVD duplication / DVD-Rom duplication (if you need less than 300 DVD’s)
- DVD replication / DVD-Rom replication (if you need more than 300 DVD’s)
- CD-ROM Business Card (digital business cards on small CD-ROM)
- Our specialists are here to help. You can reach us at: +32 (0)16 89 37 35 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact us by using our online contact form
- An extensive overview of technical information and characteristics of CD mastering, layout and production are available for you by clicking on glossary
Graphics and print
- Unless you are very experienced in graphic design on a computer and have the most recent versions of the high-end programs required (Indesign, Quark, PageMaker, Illustrator etc), we recommend that you let a professional handle it.
Our graphics department can design and layout the full graphical artwork for your CD or DVD-productions.
Please believe us, there are no real cost savings in trying to do create the artwork yourself.!
- Yes! You can download the design templates here .
- Yes! We can do them either way!
- It is NOT NECESSARY to have a flood coat on any CD’s or DVD ‘s.
However the flood coat will have a tendency to make a 4/c process job have truer colors as the ink is being laid down over white versus the silver background that is there already. You can get a color shift with the darker silver color background. If it is important to the customer that the CD or DVD be as close as possible to the coloration of printed material, then we suggest you do request the white flood coat. Many CD’s or DVD ‘s are designed to have the silver show through.
- Yes it is, really! We haven’t cut any corners. Your booklet will be professionally scored and trimmed. Your bottomcard will be perforated, and your CD ‘s image will be directly printed onto the CD. The machine we use to print CDs applies your image directly to the surface of the CD producing a vibrant, waterproof, UV and scratch resistant finish.
- All booklets, and bottomcards are printed on heavy two-sided glossy paper, just like audio CD booklets.
Standard paper is Maco satiné, 170gr., white. We’re all about quality!
At MJK Disc Productions we believe that you want to focus on what is important to the success of your business developments and marketing. We will work with you at every step of the way to make a superior product that you can be proud of. Please fill in our RFQ forms for a personal quote or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.