Our packaging options
Our packaging options
For CD packaging we suggest the following standard solutions:
- Jewel case: standard plastic case (like for audio), with possibility to insert a booklet (up to 48 pages) and a bottomcard (aka “inlay”). Bottom trays can be black, white or transparent.
- Slimline case: same as jewelbox, but thinner and only a booklet can be inserted.
- Two-piece box: slightly thicker than slimline.
- Carton sleeve: allowing 4 color printing on both sides.
- Paper sleeve: most economical solution, with or without self adhering sticker.
- Tinbox: carton box for 4 to 10 CD ’s.
- Plastic sleeve: transparent, with or without flap
Booklets can be inserted into most of these packaging types.
The number of pages allowed for each types is indicated next to “Print Options” on our packaging page.
The booklets can either be “stapled” or “unstapled folders“.
Unstapled folder booklets
The RFQ forms ask you to indicate the coloring of your booklet (folder) and bottomcard:
4 x 1: CMYK color on one full side x B&W or grayscale reverse side
4 x 4: CMYK color on both sides
4 x 0: CMYK color on one full side x blanco reverse side
1 x 1: B&W or grayscale on each side
CD and paper printing
The presentation of your CD is very important and we guarantee very high quality printing materials for your project.
More details about preparing your printing files are available:
- Graphical services
- Guidelines and prerequisites
- Layout guide
- RGB versus CMYK
- Working with fonts
- Templates for preparing printing files
- Tips and checklist
Price quotes help
4 x 1 printing
Below is the OUTSIDE of a booklet. Normally quoted as CMYK
color or “4” (also “quadri” or full color). The cover or page 1 is on the right
so it booklets spine first.
1 color = Black or grayscale
Below are the INSIDE pages of a 4-page booklet. All inside pages are Normally quoted as grayscale or “1”.
4 x 4 printing
If you want color on the inside -select 4 x 4 printing.
About color and price quotes
- There is no discount for B&W printing of booklets and bottomcards.
- Carton sleeves are always quoted in CMYK color (4 x 0).
PMS spot colors on cardboard must always be quoted.
Go to our packaging prices page to discover our competitive prices.
Our packaging pages
Graphics and printing
MJK Disc wants to help you in understanding and managing the reproduction, printing and packaging of your CD or DVD productions.
We are dedicated to provide you state-of-the-art solutions and top quality services.